Saturday, August 12, 2017

A Message from Junior Captain: Drew Brady

"My name is Drew Brady and I am a junior captain of the Malvern rowing team. I wanted to reach out to you guys to let know of an opportunity to participate in an incredibly rewarding sport this winter/spring. Many of you might think you need previous experience to excel in a sport like rowing but that is far from the truth. I personally had never rowed before freshman year and have had great success even earning a varsity letter my freshman year after only one year of rowing. No matter what grade you are in you can make an immediate and significant positive impact on this team. We have just started our winter training on campus in the tanks everyday after school 3-5:30 and Saturday afternoons. There are no tryouts or cuts, all of you are welcome to come by the tanks and practice with the team to see if it's something you would like to stick with. If any of you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to send me an email or come by and ask me at the tanks after school. I hope you all really consider joining this incredibly successful team and getting a chance to win a national championship with us this spring."

As you can read the Crew team can provide an opportunity that most teams cannot.  It provides an opportunity for everyone.  It also can provide travel (team just returned from Italy and heads to England this summer) and National recognition - the team has everything to offer.  I would strongly encourage a student to take a chance and try the team. Attached below are some past achievements:




No comments: